8 Ways To Increase Your Average Order Volume
Fewer sales in your cafe? Raise your average order value. And a few tips for online stores too!
Sales are down for almost everyone.
It’s essential that you can raise your average order value (AOV) to make each sale count a little more.
Here are eight ways to do that.
For coffee shops and roasters:
1) Bundle breakfast kits for delivery: coffee, a pastry, and a breakfast taco (or another food item)
2) Bulk sell pastries in batches of 6+ for families
3) Make cold brew with all your surplus beans and sell in 64oz growlers so people can stay at home and still have your coffee
4) Make a roll of toilet paper a $0.50 add-on (lol)
For online stores:
5) Upsell coffee bag purchases with… another coffee bag at a discounted price ($1-3 off). People are buying your beans, so help them buy some more at a discount
6) Create a “quarantine care package” of coffee and swag for people who want to send a thoughtful, lighthearted gift to someone stuck at home
For any kind of coffee business:
7) Create gear and swag bundles (many people love your t-shirt but don’t want to spend $23 on it – give it them for $18 if they buy something else)
8) Discount gift cards -> they can spend $25 for a $30 gift card if they spend $20 on other items
I’d love to know, what AOV-boosting strategies are working for you?
Hit reply and let me know!
Hey 👋 I'm Garrett Oden
Freelance Coffee Marketer
I'm a coffee industry native who works with coffee brands around the world to create and execute captivating marketing strategies.
Working with a coffee consultant can help you skip the trial-and-error stages of starting and growing a coffee business. Here’s who we suggest working with.
Want to sell more subscription coffee? Use these (non-scammy) landing page copywriting tricks to better connect with potential customers and close more sales.