8 Ways To Increase Your Average Order Volume
Fewer sales in your cafe? Raise your average order value. And a few tips for online stores too!
Sales are down for almost everyone.
It’s essential that you can raise your average order value (AOV) to make each sale count a little more.
Here are eight ways to do that.
For coffee shops and roasters:
1) Bundle breakfast kits for delivery: coffee, a pastry, and a breakfast taco (or another food item)
2) Bulk sell pastries in batches of 6+ for families
3) Make cold brew with all your surplus beans and sell in 64oz growlers so people can stay at home and still have your coffee
4) Make a roll of toilet paper a $0.50 add-on (lol)
For online stores:
5) Upsell coffee bag purchases with… another coffee bag at a discounted price ($1-3 off). People are buying your beans, so help them buy some more at a discount
6) Create a “quarantine care package” of coffee and swag for people who want to send a thoughtful, lighthearted gift to someone stuck at home
For any kind of coffee business:
7) Create gear and swag bundles (many people love your t-shirt but don’t want to spend $23 on it – give it them for $18 if they buy something else)
8) Discount gift cards -> they can spend $25 for a $30 gift card if they spend $20 on other items
I’d love to know, what AOV-boosting strategies are working for you?
Hit reply and let me know!
Hey 👋 I'm Garrett Oden
Freelance Coffee Marketer
I'm a coffee industry native who works with coffee brands around the world to create and execute captivating marketing strategies.
Finding new customers is hard. Good thing they want to find YOU. Here’s how to use local seo for coffee shops via Google My Business to attract more business.
With recent updates in iOS 14, Facebook ads are becoming prohibitively expensive for coffee roasters. Here’s what to do instead.